Friday, August 6, 2010

Making.Reservations.OMG

Okay, so for those of you reading you are probably wondering how I came into being the planning machine. Well I started with breakfast. I wanted to contribute to the trip so I decided to try to find some decent breakfast places. By this time I had begun to talk about it a little more and of course dream about it a little more. During this time my MIL had hand surgery, on her left hand, that she uses all the time, no big deal....right? I mean we weren't leaving to November so we had plenty of time. Right?
Ummm... no. So one afternoon she calls me to tell me she had called Orange Lake to let them know she would be using her week. Just in case you don't know, Orange Lake  is an incredible resort where my MIL owns a time share. While she had them on the phone she decided to also reserve our  tickets for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Well the nice customer help person told her that it would be in our best interest to reserve everything we wanted now. Uh? Apparently Disney recommends at least a 180 days in advance. Yes, 6 months. We at this point were talking just a little over 3. So my MIL calls me because I had been the one scouring the menus and restuarants and lets me know that we have to make reservations now. What?
I start telling her about all the restuarants and she is trying to write them down, poor thing. So finally she gets her cell phone, calls Disney, and has me, the CM ( cast member) and her all on speaker phone. So this poor cast member is not only talking to my MIL but also to me. Since my MIL could not write it was up to me to write all the info and confirmation numbers. We got everything we wanted except Le Cellier. It was booked solid the week we were there. Bummer. After about 20 minutes everything was reserved and our journey began. So now I am a planning fool. In a few days I will have our itinerary up for everyone to browse:) Hope you will come back to see it.
Up Next.... Why do I suddenly feel like I am on Space Mountain and I am not even at Disney World yet?

Bobbie

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh what places are you eating at? There are so many good choices! Also, were they doing the free dining this year? We got the free dining last year and it was phenomenal. I've never eaten so well. Please tell me you are going to Crystal Palace for breakfast one day!

Bobbie said...

Oh wow, we are eating so many places. I am going to have a list up soon:) We did get reservations at Via Napoli today. We got the last dinner one for November 8th. I had to give up Coral Reef but I didn't mind. I am not sure what Free Dining is or was so I can't tell you. We are definitely doing Crystal Palace for dinner and the Royal Table for breakfast:)

Unknown said...

Crystal Palace is my absolute favorite! Even though I'm 23 now, we still make sure to go every time :)